Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why we call it the present.*

So I've survived my very first week in the office. Actually I cannot say "survived" since it's been sooo nice. :) Our team is small and it has been easy to get to know everybody, I already had opportunity to work with all of them. I feel very welcomed, even they are mostly talking in Polish. But they promised to try harder to speak in English. And in March we will have another new team member, from Spain! So I will not be the only foreigner anymore. :)

I will have pretty long training period, so work should be quite easy-going for the next weeks. Part of my training will take place in Stockholm, which is of course exciting. I've never been on a business trip before, it makes me feel like a very important person to go. :P In Stockholm I will meet Finnish people who are doing my future job right now.

www.itsnotbadatall.com
 I felt like a kid in a candy shop when I got my own desk, laptop, pens and notebooks, and post-its in different colours! I also got e-mail with my own name and my own personal phone number. I feel so adult now! :P And I don't mean that working as a waitress is not adult, but you know...Or maybe you don't. In addition to these important factors, the actual job seems pretty interesting too. First time in a looong time I'm eager to go to work and learn more.

www.favim.com

Oh, and one more positive thing that came into my mind conserning my new job: finally I can actually use the how-to-dress-trendy-to-work tips from women's magazines!

*Quote by A. A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment