Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Second chance.

Last Saturday morning we drove to the mountains south from Wroclaw. We were suppose to spend three nights in a skiing resort called Czarna Gora. For the last two weeks I was waiting for this trip - with fear and anxiety. You see, I have only been skiing once in my adult life, and that was one of the most terrifying experiences in my life. This last time happened in Espoo, where we don't have mountains, and I would not be suprised if this hill there is human made. So you can imagine how felt when we were driving more and more up to the mountain...And this is not even a big mountain, I heard.


 But when I saw the smaller slopes and all the beginners there, I became a bit more confident. If they can do it, I can do it! After some training in the kids slope, we moved to a bit bigger one. After first day off skiing, my ass hurt like hell, because I fell when I was coming out from the lift. But I was still alive, without broken bones and well enough to try again next day. On the second day, I was starting to enjoy myself and on the third day I would not want to stop at all. Something I never believed would be possible - Noora who likes winter sports!


Now the only question is when can we go again? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment