Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Last year my dreams came true, so this year I promise I will do my everything to cherish what I have.

So went Christmas. It was a wonderful Christmas, despite the fact that my family is far away and there was no snow in here. We spent three days eating, watching DVDs, playing, eating...oh, and eating a bit more. Just the two of us. Wonderful. <3 Not that we would not have time for us, but nothing just seems to be enough. ;) I must have been very nice last year, I got so many wonderful presents...

One of them was weekend-trip to Berlin right after Christmas. We went to see some ice hockey (go ERC!), it was a tough and entertaining game. We also wandered around the city, had few cocktails, met a friend and ate Thai food, which seems to be very hard to get from Wroclaw. Maybe the best part of the surprise was that on Saturday evening we returned to o2 World, where the ice hockey was, to see Voice of Germany-concert. We were watching the show earlier on TV, and I really liked the winner, so my boyfriend thought I should see him live. It was so nice, has been too long time since last live-concert.









From Berlin we drove straight to Wroclaw's airport to pick up my cousin, who came to spend the New Year's with us. She had the honor to be first guest after my parents. And I think she really liked it here. So come, come and see the wonderful Poland! ;)

We had New Year's Eve's party at friend's place. Before that we were enjoying some traditional "nakkeja ja perunasalaattia" aka small bratwursts and self-made potato salad (much better than market crap, and very easy to make). The party was very pleasant: interesting new people, food, drinks, music and we even saw the fireworks from the balcony. This was my first NYE abroad, and with this experience I say that at least here in Poland the celebrations are (maybe a bit too much) similar than in lovely home-Finland.



My cousin was spending here almost a week, so we took her around the city, played Scrabble (good for your brains, I've heard) and Tasku-Mölkky, ate very well, did some serious shopping and partied, of course. It was so refreshing to have someone from Finland here!





No comments:

Post a Comment